Monday, September 12, 2011

100 Episodes!

This is my 100th blog entry, which if I were a television sitcom I'm pretty sure would involve a giant sheet cake and possibly a special live episode but since this is just a blog there's much less fanfare. Nevertheless, I'm proud that I've reached the triple digits and have essentially averaged about a post per week since I started this blog. My life is not that exciting so that I managed to put something together that often is quite a feat. And although I sometimes feel like only my parents read this, I've actually had over 5,000 page views, including from places like Russia and Latvia, so there must be a few other folks out there curious about the life of this Peace Corps gal in Macedonia. 

Yesterday, 9/11, was obviously a solemn anniversary for Americans but for me it also marked two years time since I started the Peace Corps. Truthfully it pleases me that I have a good memory to associate with a day that conjures many sad remembrances, that the tragedy of that day did not stop me and many other Americans from trying to make friends with people from foreign lands.

In the aggregate, these two years have gone very quickly. There were days themselves that seemed never-ending, but I have had an enjoyable and memorable time that makes me sometimes feel reluctant to move on to my next sitcom, which will probably be some strange combination of West Wing, Sex in the City, and Saturday Night Live. Although it eases my apprehension about what may come next to think that it could possibly be that dramatic and entertaining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment