Friday, September 11, 2009

Annual going away party

Last night my friends reminded me that when we got together a little over year ago, it was my going away party for my move from DC to Portland. As much as I've moved around over the last 10 years--Colorado, Nebraska, Germany, Nebraska, North Carolina, Colorado, DC, Oregon, Colorado, and now Macedonia--I really have been having going away celebrations on an almost annual basis. On the plus side, I do treasure the opportunities they provide to catch up with people if only briefly. Plus, moving presents a chance to make new friends too. Staging starts today and I'll be leaving from Sharyn and Nick's place soon for our convening hotel. All along I've been pretty excited (but there's definitely some nervous anticipation too).

My last few days stateside have been spent in DC, a greatest hits tour of my favorite people and places. I'm also filling up on cuisines like Thai that might be scarce in Macedonia. Seeing friends here and having them wish me well is a good way to depart, so thank you to everyone who's helped send me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment