Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Costa Rica...on the Pacific Coast

Less than 5 minutes of internet time, so I'll spit out what I can. I'm on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica right now in a town called Puerto Viejo. Today I got in some snorkling and a coastal hike where we saw 3 toed sloths, howler monkeys, and some pretty insane spiders whose webs I will avoid. There are 12 of us traveling together, ranging from about 20-32 years old and from the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, and Switzerland. Our guide, Cindy, is Costa Rican. Today was perfect Katie beach weather--overcast. I'm looking forward to moving on to the part of the coast with turtles tomorrow, followed by the jungle. Slowly but surely, I'll transition into the Pura Vida here (I think that's something about being relaxed, which I struggle with sometimes).

1 comment:

  1. Katie - hope you're having a great time in Costa Rica.

    You'll have to stop by when you're in DC. Maybe we could grab lunch or drinks one of those days? I know a few RESOLVErs (myself included) who would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete